Regulations concerning Shihan titles
Article 1 (Accreditation of title)
1. Persons who are granted a 6th dan or above from the Aikido Yoshinkai Foundation (AYF) may be awarded the title of Shihan and use this title for their instruction and/or other activities at AYF, including AYF branches.
2. Such persons will be issued a Shihan title certificate.
Article 2 (Application for title and fee)
1. Persons who wish to be awarded the title of Shihan shall submit to AYF a filled-out and signed application form provided by AYF and also pay the title fee. The fee amounts to 30,000 yen.
2. AYF may revise the fee amount, if required by changes in economic circumstances.
Article 3 (Annulment and revocation of the title)
1. When a personfs dan, which is the basis for his/her Shihan title, is revoked, his/her title shall be annulled.
2. If a person with a Shihan title acts inappropriately for his/her title, AYF may revoke his/her title.
3. When a personfs title is annulled as stipulated in Clause 1, or is revoked as stipulated in Clause 2, he/she shall return the title certificate to AYF.
4. In cases concerning Clauses 1 and 2, the fee will not be refunded.
Article 4 (Prohibition of the use of the title by an untitled person)
Persons who are not awarded a Shihan title by AYF, including those whose titles have been annulled or revoked as stipulated in Clauses 1 and 2 of the preceding Article, are not allowed to use the title for their instruction and/or other activities at AYF, including AYF branches.